Martial Arts First Aid Level 2 (VTQ)
First Aid tailored to those practicing The Martial Arts, with the same skills being transferable into First Aid for everyday life.
This course is specially designed to cater for the injuries that could occur with martial arts training and classes. Covered in the courses are different subjects that would apply to any martial arts sector. The course is ideal for instructors and students.
This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations.
Martial Arts by its nature presents a risk. When carried out correctly, the injury does not usually happen, but in the case where it does, the responsible precaution is for everyone to have a basic understanding of what to do. This course covers injuries, including contact injuries, cardiac arrest, as well as illnesses like an allergic reaction. First aid is an easy skill to learn, and the training is delivered in a series of short videos with knowledge review questions to increase understanding. All the videos are filmed in a martial arts setting and based on real problems that you may face.
This online course offers a flexible training delivery, but if you want a practical part, we have a network of approved instructors who can deliver a skill session after you complete the online course. If you want a class course in your club, please contact us.
We also offer a more comprehensive course for Martial Arts Instructors.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
MARTIAL ARTS FIRST AID LEVEL 2 (VTQ) AT A GLANCE
- 3-year nationally recognised certificate
- 1 hour and 57 minutes of engaging video training
- Video access for 8 months
- Printable wall certificate
- CPD time credit conformation
- Follows latest UK Resuscitation and ERC guidelines
- Includes manual & other downloads
- Free weekly video refresher
- Evidence Based Training certificate
- 100% online or add a skill session with a certified instructor
- Videos include subtitles
- Course manual available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Polish, Russian and Arabic
- Martial Arts Instructors
- Martial Arts Schools
- Martial Arts students
- Martial Arts Organisations
- Ideal for other sports as well
This course comes with 4.0 hrs (6.0 class) of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 1 hour and 57 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
- Scene/Incident Management
- Keeping safe
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- General fitness
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack
- Compression only CPR
- Shock and Fainting
- Head Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Dislocations and Fractures
- Eye injuries
- Dental Injuries
- Managing Pre-Existing Conditions
- Post Incident Reporting